Being able to keep an eye on your business at all times is an important thing all business owners should be doing. The easiest way to do this is not by staying there from open to close, but by installing CCTV security cameras. Not only is it important to have this security, but to know the best practices so you can get the most out of this system.
- Location is Key - When deciding where to install your new security cameras, start with all entrances and exits. Place additional cameras in any blind spot areas you can’t normally see without having to walk over to. Lastly, consider any areas of the building where previous incidents have occurred more frequently than others.
- Viewing the Tape - You want to be able to watch a live feed of your cameras as well as have a recording. Ideally you want to have a small setup of monitors in a private room and the ability to view it on a mobile device. For recording purposes, a DVR should be set up that can store up to a week’s worth of footage — in case you miss something.
- Record & Save - Sometimes incidents can happen, whether they’re slips and falls or employee theft. Having security cameras can provide you with the evidence you need to avoid being liable in a false claim or to convict someone participating in theft.
- Maintenance of Equipment - Sometimes cameras can get knocked out of place, damaged, or become dirty. Check the live feed via the monitors to see if any cameras need to be adjusted, then make adjustments accordingly. You should then inspect the cameras themselves for damage and dirt. Give each one a good cleaning to make sure the video you’re viewing is as clear as possible.
- Choose a Reliable Company - When installing new security cameras or replacing an old system, make sure you’re choosing a company you can count on. These CCTV security cameras are helping protect your investment, so you want to make sure you have the best equipment, installation, and service as possible.
Every business should have CCTV security cameras and know the best practices to get the most out of their money. When you’re in need of reliable CCTV security cameras, contact Reliable Voice & Data Systems. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (877) 385-6657.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!